Saturday, August 7, 2010

What did you call the Bag/Case you carried your school books in ?

Might sound like a stupid question.... But I grew up in a rural area of New South Wales in Australia .. and we refered to our school bags/cases as DOGS ... because they *followed us everywhere*.....





Often a new city teacher to the school would wind up very confused because a student who was late would give the excuse that he was *LOOKING FOR MY DOG SIR';


The teacher would then ask why did the student bring his Dog ( thinking Pet) to schoolWhat did you call the Bag/Case you carried your school books in ?
When I went to school in New Jersey, USA, many of the kids would use a strap, sort of like a belt, to tie their books together and carry them that way. We didn't give it a name. Me, I always did my homework in school so I wouldn't have to carry books back and forth.What did you call the Bag/Case you carried your school books in ?
Bag/ Backpack

No comments:

Post a Comment