Saturday, August 21, 2010

I'm Diabetic and I need to carry orange juice in my purse in case of a low blood sugar?

I'm flying cross country, Will they let me take my OJ. I can't use theglucose products. They are unpredictable with my sugars. And sucrose takes too long to convert I also don't get sx of LBS till I'm in the 30s So I need something that works fast and OJ seems to work the best for meI'm Diabetic and I need to carry orange juice in my purse in case of a low blood sugar?
As long as you have a medical ID (Medic Alert), there should be no problem. Your best bet would be to have juice boxes in your carry on bag, along with some crackers or another type of snack.





I have flown carrying juice boxes before and although I was questioned at security, I was able to take them through and on the plane.





I suggest you also carry some glucose gel with you (you can buy it at any drug store) or carry a Glucagon kit





If the juice is taken away from you at security, there is always juice and such on the plane...just ask the flight attendant for some and it will be given to you.





Since airport security is strict about allowing liquids through, you might have a problem. Always have a back-up method with you. The limit on liquids is 3 ounces.





Have a safe flight.





EMTI'm Diabetic and I need to carry orange juice in my purse in case of a low blood sugar?
Carry a little tube of cake decorating gel or icing in your purse. It should act nearly as fast as orange juice. Glucose also comes in tube gel, but can be significantly more expensive than tablets.





http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/I/11鈥?/a>


http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/I/11鈥?/a>


http://www.glucoburst.com/glucose-gel.as鈥?/a>


http://www.glucoburst.com/where-to-buy-g鈥?/a>
Have a dr write a note. Another trick is Lifesaver candies.
After you pass security , most airports have some stores and restaurants.


They will not let you take too many liquids from home. You can however, buy what you want from a gift shop or restaurant.





Happy vacation.
Get a slip from your doctor stating your are a diabetic and that you need oj with you in case of lows. But they usually have oj on the plane and even serve it to you when they are passing out drinks if that is what you request. Check with your airline too and alert them to the fact that you may need oj and they will stock it.
Or you can eat 6 life savers or 1 cup of milk , 1/2 regular pop not deit, 3 or 4 glucose tablets .


after 15 min test your blood sugar agian if it low eat some more of what is listed.
Every time I have ever flown orange juice was offered as a snack during the flight.
Contact the airline. Some will allow certain items that aren't normally allowed if your can provide a doctor's note.
Too much medication causes low blood sugar. Take less especially when you don't eat.
Check with air-line security, before boarding the plane.


They may be able to give you some on the plane to take.
I'm sorry, but I might be reading your question wrong. But from what I understand, there should be juice on the plane. If you CAN'T carry orange juice, you should carry the sugar (glucose) tablets. They aren't liquid, so you should get passed. You can always buy them in the pharmacy section for under 5 dollars a tube. I always carry both juice and tablets around just in case, because I know how you feel when you experience hypoglycemia(: Theres also cake icing tubes. But no one really does that. Haha. So carry the tube, juice, and ask if they have juice available on the plane. Better safe, than sorry(; Also, get a medical form from your doctor (you might need consent to pass). I don't know. Haha. I hope this helps(: Crazy rules these days. Poor diabetics..
I would call and ask, but most likely you'll be able to get orange juice on the plane. Ask about that as well.





Good luck and happy flying
I know that if you are traveling within the us you are allowed to carry liquid sealed if your diabetic. As far as overseas i would check to see how much you are allowed to carry with you.
Call the airline and ask if they will stock some oj on board. Most do, anyway. Then, when the hostess comes around, ask for orange juice instead of a soft drink, etc.
you could buy small bottle and put in purse i would call the air port but think you could take it on. they may have it on board also.

No comments:

Post a Comment