Saturday, August 21, 2010

I'm leaving for fla in a few days what can i put in my suit case and on my carry on?

I am leaving in 7 days for f lorida i haven't been on a plane since the fifth grade and now i'm 30 so that would say alot has changed... What exactly can i put in my suit case and what is allowed by the airline.. I'm flying american airlinesI'm leaving for fla in a few days what can i put in my suit case and on my carry on?
In checked luggage you cannot put flammable materials, and airlines recommend you not put jewelry, laptops, cameras, or anything of value in checked luggage.





In your carryon there are many restrictions - no weapons, no knives, no liquids, except those in 3 ounce or smaller containers that will fit in only one quart sized ziplock bag (exceptions made for medical needs and breast milk/formula for babies)





Here is American Airlines' page on restricted items.I'm leaving for fla in a few days what can i put in my suit case and on my carry on?
It's not the airline that makes the rules (for the most part), it's actually TSA. A lot has changed since the last time you were on a plane!





http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/index.shtm





I suggest you read through the ';Things You Should Know'; section of the TSA website. A lot of helpful info for people who don't fly much! The last response to your question is actually incorrect, as the liquids have to be 3oz or under. Get your info straight from the source, to be sure you have all the correct info! Any questions you have not on the TSA website, you should be able to find on American Airlines website.
The above information from ready 4 is incorrect.





Weight limit for checked luggage is usually 50 pounds. (contact your airline to be sure)





The limit for liquids in carry on is 3 oz. per bottle.





You can bring common lighters in your carry on.





Here's your definitive info for baggage restrictions:


http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/p鈥?/a>
pretty much anything in the suitcase(under 100lbs)


carry on 5oz bottles and under only


nothing sharp or dangerous


no lighters

No comments:

Post a Comment