Saturday, August 21, 2010

Carry case/bag for Canon 40d. Any suggestions please?

I am looking for a nice sturdy (and as compact as possible) carry case/bag to hold and protect my Canon 40d plus a few lenses/batteries etc. for when I do my travelling. I would like one which would ideally be weatherproof and could comfortably fit inside a rucksack sized bag to save me carrying too much around at once and also avoid getting moaned at for having too much hand luggage at customs!


Your help would be very much appreciated.





Many thanks again,





James.Carry case/bag for Canon 40d. Any suggestions please?
Well I cannot comment on the slingshot but I have to agree with both of the ones already posted here that lowepro makes a great bag, I have the Lowepro rover and have been very happy with it. These are the same folks that made the great Lowe backpacks for so many yearsCarry case/bag for Canon 40d. Any suggestions please?
I've been there! I researched a lot before buying the camera bag, and I'm glad I ordered the LowePro SlingShot:





http://products.lowepro.com/catalog/Slin鈥?/a>





My boyfriend and I absolutely love this bag.





It's kind of like a backpack, but it has only one strap that goes diagonally across your chest. The design is actually very smart. That way, you can easily rotate the bag and access your gear. The weight of the bag is also evenly distributed to both your left %26amp; right side.





The back and the strap are very well padded. It doesn't hurt even if you carry the bag for hours, during shooting or traveling. When you get moving, there's a strap, stored in a hidden compartment, that goes across your stomach so that the bag won't move as much.





It's very sturdy and of high quality. On the 200AW, there's a main compartment, where you can fit the 40D with the lens attached (you can also put the grip, but it will be somewhat tight) and 3-4 lenses or flash.


In the upper compartment, you can put your cables and accessories (batteries, straps, etc). There's also a zippered compartment where you can put memory cards %26amp; filters.



I got to agree with Honeypot on this one. That is the exact camera bag I have and it goes great with my canon. It's been tested over and over again during down pours (it keeps my camera nice and dry as well as all my paper work I stick in it, lenses and memory cards and so on), snow, while carrying lots of bags and props and with rough housing kids. It keeps my camera safe. I love it and it's comfortable! I purchased mine through bestbuy.com at around $45. The one downside to though is it's a little bulky, but to me it's worth it!


Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment